Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Second Shoot - Lines

Hey guys, here's my second shoot for our Digital Techniques class. It went pretty well, especially since it was the first time ever I shoot only on manual settings so was checking my apperatures and shutter speeds accordingly. Ok no great feat for most of the students in my class, but for me - monumental! And exciting!

I'm fairly pleased with the results, but I do see that there's still much to improve on. Especially my interpretations of lines...not as creative as maybe they could be. And today we learned more about composition of photos and I can see that I can certainly do better framing up my shots! Oh well, much more to learn and to incorporate into my photos. If anything, I'm finding it more difficult to do a simple shot b/c I spend so much time thinking about all the technical aspects of it. I'm sure in time, that will become second nature and I'll be able to get back to my shoot from instinct (but with greater knowledge) technique.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a subject -- makes one look at the world differently (especially spaghetti and cheerios!).

    ReplyDelete