Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home is where the heart is - and the Photo Ops!

This past week for our Creative Imaging project we had to take all our pictures from inside our home. We were given a list of compositional elements to look for and away we went. The task was difficult because we are so accustomed to our living spaces that we don't see what's there anymore. As the assignment said "We see our home and the objects within it every single day, and yet, too often we do not see the potential of it."
I enjoyed doing this assignment for a couple reasons - 1) I really did have to take a closer look at my surroundings and try to find these elements within it. And 2) I had to use my tripod for all the shots indoors and I haven't really used it before so it was a chance for me to become familiar with it.
Also, I was pleasantly surprised by some of my shots. Some were really cool! But alas, I'm only going to post the top images from each element.

Implied Line



Shape or Form



Pattern or Rhythm



Texture



Symmetrical Balance



Depth



If you wish to see all of my images you can look at my picassa album

CI - Composition At Home

1 comment: